Media

Ex-Trump adviser Navarro vows to appeal ‘outrageous’ conviction

Peter Navarro, who served as an economic adviser to former President Trump, said Monday in an interview on Newsmax that he would appeal his conviction on two counts of contempt of Congress.

“We’re gonna win this fight, that’s why God created the appeals court,” Navarro told Newsmax anchor Eric Bolling.

Navarro, who was convicted last week for charges related to refusing to comply with a subpoena by the U.S. House select committee over the Jan. 6 attack, said he and other people who worked with him in the White House are being unfairly targeted.

“It’s outrageous what they’re doing to me, and everybody I worked with, Eric,” Navarro said. “Everybody in that frigging White House that I went in with on 2017, January, is facing massive legal bills and possible prison time because these SOBs want to keep Trump out of the White House.”

Navarro’s former boss came to his defense Friday, calling the members of the Jan. 6 committee “Hacks and Thugs” on social media.

“They should be the ones who are prosecuted, not Peter Navarro who, by the way, was single greatest trade negotiator against China, who paid the U.S. hundreds of billions of dollars during the Trump Administration (never paid ten cents before us!),” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “Only China is celebrating the Navarro conviction!”

Tags Donald Trump Eric Bolling Jan. 6 Capitol riot Jan. 6 House committee Newsmax Peter Navarro Truth social white house

thppppppppp